Agawa Canyon Tour Train
This immensely popular, day-long adventure-by-rail through the spectacular wilderness of Algoma Region, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, should be on everybody’s bucket list. Agawa Canyon Tour Train tours run through summer and fall to take in the ever-changing colours and seasonal highs. The scenery is awe-inspiring and the views panoramic. You’ll love the trestle bridges, and endless forests, lakes and rivers. There’s a pretty good chance you’ll see wildlife, maybe even the “mighty moose”. And the colours in autumn…mind-popping, especially the red maples. Book one of our Tour Train Packages for a value-packed, 2- to 3-night adventure. Our knowledgeable Adventure Hosts can help you add on other area attractions and side-trips so you can truly explore this beautiful area.
- Comfortable coaches with over-size tinted glass windows.
- GPS-triggered tour narration in 5 languages (English, French, German, Japanese & Mandarin).
- Locomotive-mounted digital cameras and wide-screen monitors.
- Dining Car.
At the Agawa Canyon:
Hike the trails, take in the waterfalls and climb to the lookout platform for an unforgettable panorama.
Agawa Canyon Trivia:
- The Agawa Canyon was created by faulting, which occurred over 1.2 billion years ago.
- The walls in Agawa Canyon Park are 575 ft./175.2 m. at their highest point.
- The loftiest point on the railway is at Mile 94 and is 1,600 ft/488 m. above sea level. Sault Ste. Marie is 600 ft/183 m. above sea level.
- The Algoma Central Railway was the first in North America to completely switch to diesel power.
- Track was laid through what is now Agawa Canyon Park during the winter of 1911-1912.
- The Algoma Central Railway once had over 200 wooden trestles along its line.
Book your 2 or 3 night Agawa Canyon Tour Train vacation package with Algoma’s Water Tower Inn & Suites.