Ski at Searchmont Resort
Searchmont Ski Resort near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is an alpine gem, providing some of the best terrain you’ll find at any Midwest or Northern Ontario ski area. Its elevations are the rugged descendants of mountains millions of years old and offer a 228 metre (750 foot) vertical.
The area experiences an average of 336 cm (132″) of snow annually. As well, Searchmont recently invested in a powerful new snowmaking system. Night skiing is available on Friday and Saturday nights, and on holidays.
The top of the mountain overlooks the spectacular Algoma wilderness…worthy of a lift ride alone. You’ll find challenge and diversity among the 21 runs, (7 of which are over a kilometre long), no matter what your ability level. A newly expanded beginner area enhances terrain options for new skiers.
- 20 percent Advanced
- 60 percent Intermediate
- 20 percent Beginner
- Bush trails & glades for the adventurous.
- Terrain park featuring table tops, grind rails, ramps and barrels.
- Main slope terrain park.
- Full-service lodge.
- Outpost Retail Shop.
- Rentals and repair shop.
- Free parking.
- The Kiln Bar and Eatery.
- Fully certified ski school.
Your Ski Inn:
Stay at the Inn and ski at Searchmont. Soak après-ski in the outdoor whirlpool at The Water Tower Inn. With Casey’s Grill.Bar and the Water Tower Pub for great dining, there’s no need to go back out into the snow.
- Trailhead Rooms – Designed for the outdoor adventurer, they provide a larger foyer to store your gear and two Queen beds.
- Lunch-to-go – Pre-order a healthy boxed lunch for the hill.
- Adventure Hosts – We’ll provide you with driving maps and information on Searchmont and other area activities.