Ultimate Algoma Adventure Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who complete the contest form at watertowerinn.com/adventurecontest. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Water Tower Inn, Red Pine Tours, Lake Superior Watershed Conservancy, Art Gallery of Algoma and Tyler Dunn Guiding, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Contestants must be 21 years of age at time of Contest Period end date: July 12, 2020.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Water Tower Inn and Red Pine Tours, Lake Superior Watershed Conservancy, Art Gallery of Algoma and Tyler Dunn Guiding, hereby collectively known as “Prize Vendors” as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Monday, June 22, 2020, 00:01 EST and ending on Sunday, July 12, 2020, 23:59 EST. All online entries must be received by July 12, 2020, 23:59 EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry form found at watertowerinn.com/adventurecontest. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Water Tower Inn. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Water Tower Inn.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a Adventure Vacation Prize Pack for four (4) valued at $4000 that consists of:
- $1500 Water Tower Inn gift card to cover accommodations and meals.
- 1/2 day guided bike trip courtesy of Red Pine Tours
- 1/2 day fishing trip courtesy of Tyler Dunn Guiding
- Private Group of Seven painting class with a local Art Gallery of Algoma artist
- 2-hour guided canoe trip in a Voyageur-style canoe from Lake Superior Watershed Conservancy
- Itinerary planning from the Inn’s Trailhead Adventure Host
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The prize must be redeemed between July 20, 2020 and October 11, 2020, inclusive. The prize has no cash value. If an element of the prize is not available at time of booking, the Winner has one year (September 1, 2021) to redeem the prize element from the Vendor at another time. Otherwise, the prize element is forfeit, and The Water Tower Inn and/or its Prize Vendor partners are exempt from compensating the Winner. Some excursions are weather dependent and may be postponed and/or cancelled – reasonable attempts to re-arrange the excursion with the Winner will be made, but The Water Tower Inn and its Prize Vendors are not held liable and will not provide compensation for any Prize elements that cannot be furnished due to these circumstances. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Water Tower Inn and its Prize Vendors. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Prize Vendor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Individual Prize Vendors may have additional rules and limitations, and The Water Tower Inn will not be held responsible for such. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Water Tower Inn and Prize Vendors to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Random Draw under the supervision of The Water Tower Inn. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Winner will be required to answer a skill testing question and to sign a release of liability to receive the prize. The Water Tower Inn shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT The Water Tower Inn‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this photo, You understand and agree that The Water Tower Inn, anyone acting on behalf of The Water Tower Inn, and The Water Tower Inn’s licensees, successors, Prize Vendors and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Water Tower Inn. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Water Tower Inn from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The Water Tower Inn may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. Your name, email and address information will be shared with all Prize Vendors (The Water Tower Inn, Red Pine Tours, Tyler Dunn Guiding, Art Gallery of Algoma and Superior Watershed Conservancy). By entering this contest, you agree that Prize Vendors may contact you until July 31, 2021 with Marketing-related emails or mailings, unless you “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” directly with the Prize Vendor. If you win, you agree to share photos of your adventures using #destinationsault.
Terms & Conditions: The Water Tower Inn reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Water Tower Inn’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Water Tower Inn may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Water Tower Inn. The Water Tower Inn reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Water Tower Inn has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Water Tower Inn reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Water Tower Inn, the Prize Vendors and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Ontario, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is The Water Tower Inn, Red Pine Tours, Lake Superior Watershed Conservancy, Art Gallery of Algoma and Tyler Dunn Guiding.
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by The Water Tower Inn is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
15. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.
16. By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed and agreed to all of the Official Rules.